7.11.2024

Being pretentious with other people's money

The sole task of a bank or financial institution should be to assist its customers with the best and safest management operations, not to support various political movements. One of our banks supports one of these movements. I am NOT a fan of the cancel culture and have no intention of contacting the bank to express our displeasure. For the same reason, I will not reveal the name of the bank. Instead, all future new savings, such as my husband's private pension, must be deposited in one of the other banks.

My personal opinion is that companies should only deal with their core business and refrain from getting involved in various political movements. I would have been equally opposed to this sponsorship even if it had been a movement I sympathize with. If I want to sponsor something or someone, I do it, I don't want "my bank" to do it for me.

I'd rather see them lower their fees and brokerage instead of supporting various movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...