7.26.2019

I should know better

In another life more than 30 years ago, I was invited to a sales meeting on timeshares.

I was just under 20, and followed happily and spent an entire day trying to get out of there. I and my husband have serious thoughts on buying an apartment abroad, preferably with rental options.

The day before yesterday when we checked into our hotel, a well-established hotel chain, we were offered to attend a 90 minute meeting where we would get a fantastic offer for us.

If it is the heat or that we have been on vacation for too long I can not answer but we accepted yes.

After almost 3 hours we were almost completely ready to buy the concept. In order not to put ourselves in debt, we would sell part of our shareholding.

I didn't feel really safe and we asked for 24 hours to think. After much back and forth they accepted this.

We sat back in the taxi back to the hotel and googled the concept. After just a few google searches, we chose to call and say no.

I really should know better, especially with my background.

When someone is offering you a deal that seems too good to be true, it usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...