7.25.2019

Whether we like it or not

Being CFO, or any other managerial position, means that you are being paid to be available all the times.

Technology has facilitated this considerably. Virtually all companies today have cloud services, such as e-mail, mobile switch phones, bank accounts as apps, invoices as PDF documents etcetera.

I was already working during the fax machine palmy days. The first thing I had to do when I arrived at the hotel was to fax the hotel's fax number along with my room number to the office.

I even made manual payments that I put in envelopes that my grandmother (the only one I trusted) posted on the dates I had written on the envelopes at the post office.

Although it was more complicated before, I was more free then. I have found out that it is easier for the office to call me than to write a fax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...