8.21.2019

Better safe than sorry

Sometimes different properties collide.

In my spreadsheet, two of my personal characteristics conflict with each other, caution to accuracy. Being forced to choose between them is not easy, but I have chosen the precautionary principle. My Google Sheet retrieves up-to-date dividends, when available.

As dividends change from month to month, the forecast changes continuously and is misleading in the short term. To avoid this, I have deliberately chosen a lower percent that I match against actual percent on an ongoing basis. Knowing that the document contains wrong numbers is very annoying, even though it is deliberate.

It's not easy being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...