10.21.2018

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Obviously I am the last person to notice this. In the country I live in there is a dialogue about FIRE (financial independent retirement early).

It seems like, according to several posts that this is something bad for the society. If the exit position is that all the people doing this is staring at the age of 20 and retiring at 30 then I agree that this is hurting the society thru income tax decrease.

However in this particular country I live in we have very high taxes on almost everything. We have quit a high VAT and additional high taxes on gasoline, alcohol, tobacco etcetera.

Another variable to consider is that not all people doing this is in their twenties. Take myself for an example. We are a lot of people that started this at the age of 40. I don't expect to get a high pension from the government despite having paid one of the highest income tax world wide. I have to take care of myself. If the outcome is that I can retire at the age of 55-57 and have a great old age that is just a very good aftermath. Especially when they're talking about increasing the age of retirement in this country to 67 instead of 65.

Please don't assume that everything is done out of bad intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...