9.22.2019

Money laundering

The Scandinavian countries' law on money laundering means that if you want to deposit more than $1,000, the bank staff must ask where you got the money from. Sometimes you can even have to present a receipt for the legitimate.

Now it has emerged that it is the banks themselves that have been responsible for most of the money laundering for all sorts of criminals.

Imagine if I did the following:

Me:             I want to withdraw $1,000 from my account

The bank:  Retrieves my money

Me:            Where does this money come from?

The bank:  ??

Me:            Since it has been found that the banks are engaged in advanced money laundering,
                  I want to make sure that this money does not come from that type of business.

Bank:          ... 🤭

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...