5.14.2023

It makes me sad

For full transparency, I live in an apartment that is heated by district heating and we have lived as if the interest rate were 5%.

I have an acquaintance who a year ago was happy about the people who had variable electricity prices on their electricity contracts who would be affected by the upcoming electricity price increases. The woman in question herself had another six months left on her contract and was convinced that the market would have calmed down until it was time for her to renew her electricity contract.

This person whose political sympathies are far to the left was thus happy that there were people who would suffer from rampant electricity costs and increased interest costs. I questioned how she could rejoice in the misfortune of others she replied quote "Finally, the people who always have the cheapest interest and electricity costs are affected" unquote.

Of all the people I have met who have openly expressed schadenfreude at the misfortune of others, they have all belonged to the left side of the political map. I personally suffer with everyone who has difficulty coping with everyday life now with ongoing inflation and higher interest costs than they might have anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...