5.04.2023

Life cannot be planned

My husband and I have reached the age when ailments and diseases begin to affect us and our friends to an increasing degree. For my parents it is worse, next week alone they are going to two funerals.

Less than a year ago, my parents purchased a summer house on an island in the archipelago outside Stockholm, the same island where they spent their entire youth with their friends. All but my parents have during all these years had a summer house on the said island. This would be the first summer my parents would spend in their newly renovated summer house. My parents were really looking forward to spending the summer with their youth friends on the island.

Last week my dad's best friend from back then died. I'm guessing that my parents will spend a lot more time in Stockholm than in the archipelago than they have planned for the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...