10.10.2019

Book smart vs. street smart

The world's most perfect child, who is in sixth grade in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Program (MYP), is surprisingly willing to study. I am indescribably proud. As a student in IB MYP, he must make a certain number of SA hours to be approved.

As a Scandinavian, we have no natural upbringing of doing charity. One project that counts him hours is to decorate the school for the Halloween party.

He showed me the note he had written to his teacher to sign up for the Halloween party quote "I'm happy to help with the preparation for the Halloween party because I want to get rid of my SA hours as soon as possible" unquote. I helped him reformulate the letter so his chance to participate increased. Sometimes you have to be street smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sum of all vices is constant

After my visit  to the dermatologist which ended with me having to contact another doctor to get a referral for blood lipid testing, I have ...