3.11.2023

I am grateful that he pays for others without hesitation

As I wrote about earlier, cash is nowadays an unusual means of payment in Sweden. This creates problems mainly for the elderly, tourists and expats.

Young master Dewlar has had to pay for several of his schoolmates when they only have cash to make purchases during school trips. Imagine being a child in a foreign country and not being able to buy an ice cream or similar on a school trip even though you have the country's currency in your hand.

As a parent, I would have preferred to be able to give my child cash instead of having to equip him with a bank card. Our son was 12 years old when we gave him the bank card, but there are bank cards for children as young as 7 years old.

Personally, I think that children don't really understand what things cost when they pay with a bank card. If they were to use cash, it would be much clearer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...