6.20.2024

He is home

I was 24 and my husband was 27 when we got together. My ex-boyfriend cheated on me, saying that if only I had worked less, wanted kids, and been more of a homemaker, he never would have cheated on me. This led to when I met Mr. Dewlar a year later, I was very clear that I did not want children, was definitely not "housewife material" and that I was working at least 80 hours per week. He said it fit him like hand in glove and that's where our saga began.

After 5 years we got engaged and after another 5 years we got married. 2 years and 3 months into our marriage the world's most perfect husband said for the first and only time that if we were going to have children it was the last chance because he was turning 40 the following year and felt he would be too old by then. I agreed we would try for a baby and assumed it would take time since we were working 100 hour weeks and I would be 37 next month. 9 months later, on our 13th wedding anniversary, the world's most perfect baby was born and I was fundamentally changed.

Yesterday the world's most perfect teenager came home from Paris and I was able to relax for the first time since he left. I met him at Stockholm Central Railway Station when he arrived with the Arlanda express from Arlanda airport and accompanied him home. After that I had to go back to work but the feeling of knowing Junior was home was indescribable. When I got home from work I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to the world's most perfect husband waking me up and we went to bed. Then I slept through the night and didn't wake up until 7:30 a.m. which is late for me.

Now I'm sitting on the sofa and enjoying the knowledge that the world's most perfect teenager is in his bed sleeping. I hate to be the world's most pathetic mother but I can't help it.

I didn't know you could love someone so deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...