1.15.2024

How stupid can you be?

For several reasons I do not shop online. Mainly because I have a huge control issue and want to know exactly what I'm buying, be it food or clothes and everything in between. Also because I'm generation X and you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

A positive consequence of being Generation X is that we learned to pay for everything like music, movies and more. Unlike Millennials who instead learned to steal and were not taught to do right for themselves. Generation Millennials are now in their 40s and they are continuing their beaten path.

Many stores have changed the manufacturer's part number to their own part number in an attempt to avoid losing sales to online sales. I've even been in a store where a Millennial asks the store assistant for help ordering the product online instead.

Today when I visited a small convenience store, a person from the Millennial generation was standing in line ahead of me to pick up his package. The Millennial thought the package was far too small to contain the mirror he ordered and paid for online.

He even asked the man handing out the package if he agreed with him that the package was far too small. The man replied quote "I have no idea what you ordered" unquote. It felt like the Millennial thought he was in a store buying a mirror and didn't really realize he was in a convenience store to pick up a package that (hopefully) contained a mirror he had already purchased from a third party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...