1.31.2024

It annoys me

Tomorrow is the first day of, for us, the worst dividend month of the year. Although 2024 will outperform 2023 on an annualized basis, this year's January will underperform last year's.

Unfortunately, I forgot to save as in my Google Sheet before adjusting all the input values for 2024 so I can't see what differ between the respective holdings for each month. All I have is a total value for each month. Incredibly frustrating.

My first thought was that it was our then-holding in NewtekOne, Inc. Common Stock (NEWT) that accounted for a large portion of last year's January dividend. A check of their historical dividends showed that they paid no dividends that month.

However, I saw that their share price has fallen further since we sold off our, for us, large holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...