1.28.2024

This will not be easy-peasy

Full transparency, both my husband and I come from families that are 100% ethnically Swedish. The world's most perfect teenager has never had a 100% ethnically Swedish friend. 95% of his friends are and always have been Asian. The remaining 5% of his friends are either African-American or Asian-American. 

For last week's parent-teacher conference, one of his teachers was fully booked, so I put myself on a waiting list for her. Last Friday I got an appointment for a meeting with her in two weeks.

Yesterday I informed Junior about the planned meeting. To which he says quote "Mom, prepare yourself. She's a Karen with purple hair." unquote. I have a hard time with this type of people but the offspring's academic future in this subject is at stake as she is his teacher for the next 2.5 years.

According to the offspring, he gets scolded if he forgets his eraser, while his African-American friend can forget his computer and all she says is quote "we can all forget something" unquote. Even his friend has seen through her behavior and made a pact with another student of South American descent to see which of them gets away with the most during her lessons. 

If this is true, I am of the opinion that she misbehaves with my son, his African-American friend and the boy of South American origin but for different reasons. If this is true, the offspring's friend and the third student of South American origin are the biggest losers as my son has to perform better and will gain from this in the end. While the other two are "allowed" to underperform which means they will ultimately lose out on this. Since school started this term, the offspring has sat at the front of the class far from his friends in all of her lessons.

I hope my offspring have exaggerated everything as I have a penchant for burning bridges and live by "my burnt bridges light my way" which is very costly in the long run. For the sake of my son and the other two boys, I will NOT burn this bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...