3.20.2019

Double standard

MSM, mainstream media, has just started to pay attention to FIRE which is the opposite to my formula, FUEL. The other day a TV program had a feature about FIRE.

It is, for some, provocative that people prioritize retirement over materialism. I am very aware of the problem that arises when people stop working and downsizing. Our entire society is based on consumption. If many people embrace this lifestyle early in life, we can have problems in the future.

One thing that struck me was the guests' double standard. They want to reduce consumption and negative environmental impact. At the same time, they invest in shares that require consumption and environmental impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...