3.22.2019

Here we go again

My husband wants to put our holiday money to work, while I prefer to keep them at the savings account.

When I use my brain I am very aware that an investment with a 10% return is a smarter way to use the holiday money than to have them on a savings account with 0% interest. When the time comes and we have to use the dividends to pay for the credit card invoice after the holiday, I get very annoyed. I always want to reinvest all dividends.

Last year we used this procedure. In the spring, we invested the holiday money with the knowledge that we would be forced to take out future dividends to pay the holiday. When the credit card invoice came in July, we were unable to make any acquisitions, instead the credit card invoice was paid.

I know it's smart, but psychologically stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...