6.17.2023

I'm a loser and I know it

Both myself and my spouse have received our tax refunds for the 2022 income year.

We usually make a share dividend every year in one of our private limited companies. Instead of getting a big back tax the following year because of this stock dividend, I always pay a higher income tax on all our salary payments instead.

I have allowed this extra tax payment to continue despite the fact that, due to the pandemic, we have not been able to make any share dividends in recent years. This has resulted in us receiving a considerably higher tax refund than normal in recent years.

At the same time as it is nice to have a larger amount of money paid out, even if it is one's own, I feel like a loser as I lent our money to the government for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...