11.06.2023

I hope they take it coolly

On Thursday, it will be 3 weeks until the next monetary policy announcement from Sweden's central bank AKA Riksbanken.

Both the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Federal Reserve (Fed) left their key interest rates unchanged recently. I hope Riksbanken does not rock the boat and leave the policy rate unchanged this time, although I highly doubt it.

Our current central bank governor, Erik Thedéen, will most likely push for a policy rate hike. The consequence will most likely be that Riksbanken will be forced to lower the policy rate as early as 2024 or 2025 at the latest.

I would not be surprised if Riksbanken is forced to introduce zero interest rates in 2025 as their monetary policy will rather deepen the ongoing recession instead of mitigating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...