11.05.2023

Parents know best!

10 years ago, the world's then most perfect child's wish was to start a YouTube channel. My husband and I said no and he hated our decision.

At the time he was practicing taekwondo. One of his friends at the taekwondo course had a Youtube account even though he was only 6 years old. At one point I was engaged in a conversation with another mother and did not notice that the child in question and our son were recording a short 7 seconds video.

When the offspring was in grade 7, he and his peers had a project that involved Googling their names. I have never seen Junior as embarrassed as he was the day he came home and had found the video.

Today he is incredibly grateful that we prevented him from starting a YouTube channel. He has tried to get in touch with the boy who posted the video to get it taken down from Youtube to no avail. It took us several months to get him to see the 7 seconds video as a good reminder that it could have been much worse.

Our son is one of the very few children who are barely on the internet. No foolish teenage sins shall come back to bite him on my watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...