12.17.2023

This will come back to bite the unions, part 9

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y.

The power struggle between Tesla Motor Sweden AB (TM) and IF Metall continues. On December 20, the now international sympathy strike will be extended to also include the car and transport industry's labor union AKT in Finland.

Port workers in Finland will start a blockade which means they will stop stowing and dismantling TM's cars that are supposed to be transported to Sweden.

Even in Sweden, the measures against TM are being expanded by the union Kommunal stopping all collection of household waste at Tesla's operations from January 2, 2024.

Trade union Seko's communications manager Jonas Pettersson says quote "it would have been much easier for Tesla to just sign a collective agreement" unquote.

I don't think TM does "easy", they do unbiased. Why should TM be forced to sign the collective agreement which according to IF Metall itself is voluntary?

Although for us personally it would mean future problems with repairs, I hope that TM and mr. Elon Musk would rather leave Sweden than sign the collective agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...