12.16.2023

I, the eye-servant

Tomorrow we are invited to a Christmas dinner by my in-laws. Since they live in a city 3 hours drive from us and my sister-in-law, we meet halfway.

I am very fond of my in-laws, but ever since we had the world's most perfect baby who later became the world's most perfect teenager, I have always wanted to prove that I am a good mother to their only grandchild. Which in practice means a flawless offspring.

Therefore, all nails will be cut, ears must be washed and teeth must be flossed before departure. YMD is not too keen on all this but is used to it as this has been going on for 16 years.

Since I was almost 38 when junior was born, my future daughter-in-law most likely won't have to feel the same way about me since I will be both deaf and blind when I eventually become a grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...