12.24.2023

A beautiful Christmas night

In Sweden, we open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. Ever since I was a child, I have had trouble sleeping the day before Christmas Eve.

Despite the fact that I will soon turn 54 and the number of Christmas presents under the tree for me is extremely limited, I still have a hard time sleeping this night so now I am sitting on the sofa and enjoying the silence, the darkness and the Christmas tree even though it is only 5:05 am.

In Sweden, it is most common to open Christmas presents in the evening, but since we are visiting our best friends, we open our Christmas presents at breakfast.

In a couple of hours I will make cheese, ham and egg sandwiches, make tea and light candles. Next, I wake up the world's most perfect teenager and husband.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...