2.18.2024

Some things never change

When I was 10 years old, my parents decided that we should drive to Nordkap, which is a 307 meter high cliff in Northern Norway that plunges steeply into the Arctic Ocean. The distance between Stockholm and North Cape is 846 miles (1362 km) one way.

My parents packed us three children into the car and drove straight to Nordkap where we looked at the view and had lunch. Then we got into the car and drove back to Stockholm. Mom and dad took turns driving so the other could sleep. The whole road trip was completed in 3 days because dad had to work.

Yesterday they called from New Orleans. They had arrived 1 day earlier than expected.

I am an exact copy of my parents in this regard. You drive from A straight to B without stopping, while the world's most perfect husband is the complete opposite.

For obvious reasons, we have only done 5 road trips in our 29 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...