2.23.2024

This will come back to bite the unions, part 12

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y.

IF Metall's strike against Tesla Motor Sweden AB (TM) has now lasted 120 days, making it the longest legal strike since 1945.

My hope that IF Metall would let this strike die in the noise of all the reporting on Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Hamas's attack on Israel, Sweden's NATO application, the US presidential election, etc. was dashed yesterday.

Seko has joined the sympathy strike. The consequence of Seko's involvement will be significant if the stations supplying electricity to the charging posts break down, as Seko will not repair them. I guess IF Metall hopes that all Tesla Superchargers will become unusable.

This measure will affect all electric car owners. One of my younger sisters has had an electric car much longer than us, first she had a Polestar and now a Volkswagen. The only complaint she has about electric cars is the charging itself.

The strain on all other charging stations will be enormous if the Tesla Superchargers are shut down. It will be exciting to see how tolerant people are when they are affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This will come back to bite the unions, part 16

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y. The power struggle between the union IF Metall and Tesla Mot...