2.23.2024

I wouldn't want a job just because I'm a woman

The summer before last, I got into conversation with an American man who, through his professional role in a large insurance company, has deep insight into a giant company that has existed for many decades, has a fantastic reputation and a huge market capitalization.

The man in question said that he is convinced that this company will not exist in 8-10 years. The reason for this, according to him, is that the company's management has fully embraced D&I (Diversity and Inclusion).

Personally, I am convinced that companies are best served by a mix of age, gender and origin, provided that the candidate has the required skills. If there are two equal candidates for a position, I as an employer would choose the candidate who was missing from the workplace in terms of age, gender or origin. However, no quota may take place at the expense of competence, for whatever reason.

In his professional role as claims adjuster, this man has seen claims for damages against the company increase significantly since the company introduced D&I. The problem, according to the American man, is that it will take far too many years before the company's management understands where the real problem lies, i.e. lack of skills.

He is convinced that once the company's management realizes its mistake, the point of no return has already been passed and the company is lost. I have already noted that the company has suffered problems that have even received international attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...