2.07.2024

I'm in trouble

Almost 4 years ago, the world's most perfect teenager was given a pair of VR glasses by his grandparents on his 13th birthday. The VR glasses he got cost over $1400 at the time so they are good quality.

I wasn't too keen on him getting these as I didn't have or still don't have full control over this technique. There were studies that showed this technology could create "false memories" in children who were younger than 12 when they started using the technology. That's why our son had to wait until his 13th birthday before I, albeit reluctantly, allowed him to wish for these. I have since tested them once.

After seeing the ad for Apple's new Vision Pro VR glasses, I want them. Because I have been restrictive and negative about our son's use of his VR glasses, I will never be able to justify a purchase without coming across as a hypocrite in our son's eyes.

But damn, they look good and I really want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...