2.11.2024

I'm confused

When I was in middle school during the eighties, my teacher at the time said that the world is heading for a new ice age. This became a core memory for me that I always carry with me.

For the past few decades, climate activists have only talked about global warming.

Yesterday I read that a new Dutch study published in Science Advances warns that the risk of the system of ocean currents in the Atlantic collapsing is greater than previously estimated and that a collapse could lower the temperature in Europe by 41-59 ℉ (5-15 ℃) degrees.

As recently as Thursday, the Copernicus climate service declared that January this year globally is the warmest January ever, 34.88 ℉ (1.66 ℃) degrees warmer than the average during pre-industrial times. According to their director quote "We have to adapt to a new climate – far from the climate in which our culture developed" unquote.

I understand that the climate is changing, but is it getting colder or warmer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...