2.27.2024

One for the price of two

Although I had hoped that my parents' vacation would mean that I would get some peace and quiet, I knew deep down that I would instead have to help my uncle.

My uncle is one of the kindest people I have ever met. Therefore, I would never hesitate to help him with anything now that he has been moved to a nursing home. However, I could never predict exactly how much time it would take.

Since last Sunday when home care called and told me that my uncle was in an ambulance on his way to an emergency hospital, I have visited my uncle 7 times plus I have been to his apartment and collected some of his personal belongings. Tomorrow morning I will go back to his apartment and look for his shaver. In addition to this, I help the person my dad hired to manage his business when he is away.

There are 14 days left before my parents come home again. So basically I traded two for one…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...