2.23.2024

My uncle is only 75 years old

My uncle will be moved to a nursing home later today. Yesterday I was at his home and picked up clean clothes for him before the move from the hospital to the nursing home. It was a very strange feeling to be in his home without him.

While I can understand that my dad feels terrible that he is not at home in Sweden right now, I suspect that he also feels a little relieved that he does not have to place his younger brother in a nursing home.

It is a very strange feeling to participate in that a person will not be allowed to return to their home. Last night when I visited my uncle in the hospital he told me that he will be going home soon. Knowing then that he will never come home again is horrible.

My uncle's senile dementia is progressing very quickly at the moment so I know this is the best for him. This doesn't stop me from feeling bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...