2.03.2024

Breach of contract

I am grateful that I understood early on that you should not rely on the state and the public pension system when it comes to your pension money.

I was 24 years old when I started saving in my first private pension insurance, $100 every month. However, there is a lot to be desired for the actual form of savings I chose. Today, I would never have chosen a pension insurance based on fund savings.

According to the agreement with the government, the savings were deductible in the annual income tax return and would not be taxed until the savings began to be withdrawn.

In 2014, the conservative finance minister at the time, Anders Borg, announced that this form of savings would be phased out to completely cease at the turn of the year 2015/2016. Instead, another type of savings form was advocated. In 2017, my husband and I instead started buying US stocks in an endowment insurance.

No one other than the state could have changed the terms of an agreement and gotten away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...