10.01.2024

I ❤️ my husband

Today is the 1st of October and it is exactly 30 years since it became me and the world's most perfect husband. ❤️ It is also exactly 26 years since my godson was born. The odds of my godson being born on our anniversary and the world's most perfect teenager being born on our wedding day must be slim.

My godson's younger brother actually has another godmother but her interest is pretty much non-existent so I have adopted him as well. Choosing godparents is not always so easy, someone who is close and important in one's life may have completely disappeared from one's life after 20-30 years.

How my own parents thought, I absolutely cannot wrap my head around. My godfather is my dad, my mom is the godmother of my younger sister, and it is only our youngest sister who got an outside godparent, our uncle. Me and my younger sister will lose both parent and godparent at the same time.

I can't quite fathom how quickly the last 30 years have gone by, it almost feels like yesterday that night 30 years ago. I can still recall the butterflies in my stomach as I waited for the then young man, who would later become my husband, to come to my home for dinner. We had been to the movies a number of times before but this was the first time he was coming to my home and I was so nervous.

It took a couple of hours before it was me who had to take the first step. My husband told me several months later that he had decided, out of respect for me and my cousin who is also a close friend of his, that he would let me make the first move.

30 years later, my love for him has deepened, but I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see him, especially if he's been gone like this weekend. At the same time, there is no one else who knows me as well as he does, which is not always a good thing.😉

This is our first 30 years and my husband has promised me at least another 60 years.❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden's central bank will most likely disappoint

The Swedish inflation rate according to CPIF (Consumer Price Index with fixed interest rate) was 1.1% in September, which is a decrease from...