10.11.2024

In Junior's eyes, I'm almost weakly gifted

The world's most perfect teenager was home from school sick on Monday as he had a cold all weekend. Since this particular day was a half study day, I thought he could have another day of rest. However, when I got home from work, several teenage voices were heard from the kitchen.

Three of Junior's friends had stopped by on their way downtown to visit. When the offspring was told they were going to the mall to buy perfume, he wanted to come along. I objected to this because he had been home from school sick while the world's (for the moment not) most perfect husband was of the opposite opinion. The result was that Junior got to accompany his friends downtown to buy a perfume.

The next morning the offspring tried to stay at home another day because of the cold. I explained that if he was healthy enough to go shopping with his peers, he is healthy enough to go to school. I also preceded him by saying that if any teacher chooses to send him home because of the cold, no peers are welcome home until he is well enough to go to school without being sent home. No teacher mentioned his cold.

Junior forgets that I was also a teenager once who tried the same things with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden's central bank will most likely disappoint

The Swedish inflation rate according to CPIF (Consumer Price Index with fixed interest rate) was 1.1% in September, which is a decrease from...