10.04.2024

I want to be one of the cool kids

It has been more than 20 years since we last bought new appetizer plates and dinner plates. We have been using these plates extensively ever since. When you use something several times a day, you don't notice exactly when it happens, but all of a sudden you have to use the scrub brush to remove the smallest food residue.

Finally we gave up and bought new appetizer plates and dinner plates and to my astonishment the new plates only needed a simple rinse before I could put them in the dishwasher. The amount of grown-up points you are awarded when you take pleasure in new dinner plates is plentiful.

Apart from the humiliation of being awarded of grown-up points, it is sad to discover that you have become so old that you appreciate new plates. My 20-year-old self hates my current self. It is with great anxiety that I await the next pathetic thing I will appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden's central bank will most likely disappoint

The Swedish inflation rate according to CPIF (Consumer Price Index with fixed interest rate) was 1.1% in September, which is a decrease from...