10.09.2024

People don't take the time to listen or read thoroughly

One of my strongest qualities in my profession is that I always return in each request and always within the specified time frame. Apart the feedback, my letters, emails and phone calls are always short and to the point. I do this to minimize misunderstandings and and to spare the recipient a lot of word salad.

I have noticed in recent years that the majority of recipients only read the first few lines of an email. This results in them writing back and asking for information that is in the original email just a sentence or two down from where they stopped reading. This is incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

The same thing happened yesterday when I called Nordnet. I started the conversation by introducing myself and then explained that we are missing the latest dividend for Oxford Lane Capital Corp. Common Stock (OXLC) Dividend History as of September 30, 2024.

The young woman explained in a superior manner that I had indeed received the dividend as early as September 2, 2024. Having to explain to a bank employee that it is the dividend as of August 30, 2024 is extremely frustrating. Finally I managed to get the young woman to understand that we receive the dividend at the beginning of next month and she promised to look into why we have not received the dividend yet. Late in the afternoon I received a message from Nordnet that they are investigating why this dividend has not been credited to our accounts yet.

My life would be much easier if people read the entire email, listened to the entire question, etc. BEFORE forming a preconceived opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden's central bank will most likely disappoint

The Swedish inflation rate according to CPIF (Consumer Price Index with fixed interest rate) was 1.1% in September, which is a decrease from...