10.05.2024

Tomorrow is just as likely to be fun as it is boring

Tomorrow I will hopefully be selling lots of the world's most perfect teenager's used toys and outgrown clothes. I tried to get some of the world's most perfect husband's shoes that he doesn't use anymore, but it would have been easier to sell snow to the Inuits in Greenland.

Me, my best friend and my mom have rented a parking space at a flea market AKA car boot sale. We did the same thing last spring with successful results and hope for similar results this time. Anything I don't manage to sell goes to the dump right after. I don't take a single thing or garment home with me.

The weather should be decent and Swedish wage earners received their last salary last week, so the conditions are good. Since we manage the sales from our own vehicle, we have borrowed a van from my dad. This time we are not making the same mistake as last time when we sold a lot before the flea market was open. This time we're going to unpack everything nicely and sort everything.

The only thing I don't like about this car boot sale is that most of the sales are through the Venmo app. I'm not fond of giving out my phone number to complete strangers. I hope to sell for than $250, anything else is a failure. According to my husband, we've already succeeded because we've gotten closets and other spaces cleaned and cleared out a lot of stuff and clothes we haven't used in a long time, except for his 15 pairs of old shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweden's central bank will most likely disappoint

The Swedish inflation rate according to CPIF (Consumer Price Index with fixed interest rate) was 1.1% in September, which is a decrease from...