1.28.2019

Basic mathematical skills

Yesterday my husband and I was out on our own. The offspring was at a party with a classmate.

During our lunch 2 teenage boys came and sat down at the table next to us.

From their discussion, I understood that it would be desirable if their school grades were significantly improved, at least from a parent's point of view.

When they got the bill they had difficulty sharing it in two parts, one of the boys had one side order so there were five products on the bill.

On top of this they had to calculate the tip, 10-15% extra. It ended with my husband borrowing them his phone so they could use the calculator.

In the future, my eleven year old will calculate the tips when we are out eating. As a son of a CEO and CFO, life can be difficult, but educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sum of all vices is constant

After my visit  to the dermatologist which ended with me having to contact another doctor to get a referral for blood lipid testing, I have ...