10.11.2023

An ongoing struggle

My vertigo migraine does not really want to heal and causes problems in my life. While this is going on, I am fighting with the doctor of the world's most perfect teenager.

When the offspring was barely 4 years old, his doctor at the time discovered that Junior was suffering from an iron deficiency. Since then we have medicated him with a number of interruptions when the doctor at the time said quote "his values are so good so now we can stop medication" unquote only to have to start again after about 6 months.

As recently as April of this year, his current doctor said the exact same thing. I addressed his history and expressed my doubt. I was told that, given that the offspring is nearing the end of puberty, it will be different this time. 6 months later his iron level has dropped from 23 to 13. This time we will at least get a referral to a hematologist.

Even though we have the fifth highest tax burden in the world, the healthcare system does not work as it should. Both myself, my husband and our son have private health insurance. Without them we would not have received any help at all. In Sweden, you have to be healthy to be able to be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...