10.21.2023

It is just window dressing

The 12-page document that SEB referred to as customer awareness, which PostNord misplaced, dealt exclusively with money laundering.

They wanted to know how often I intend to withdraw or deposit cash into my account and if I send or receive money from abroad. My business with SEB is exclusively about receiving my monthly salary and paying my bills. All incoming money comes from Swedish companies and all outgoing money goes to Swedish companies.

SEB know this, they also know that incoming and outgoing amounts rarely exceed $6000 per month.

The fact that I then have to answer a 12-page document regarding money laundering feels ridiculously considering that SEB themselves admitted that they were involved in the "Russian laundromat" in Estonia between the years 2007-2016 where they had 57 suspected Russian customers.

SEB have admitted handling more than $830,000 but a legal leak from the US points to amounts up to $6.6 billion over a ten-year period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...