10.14.2023

He will be ready but not me

I was never a babysitter as a child or dreamed of becoming a mother.  I'm not even fond of children.

When our son was 72 hours old, my whole life changed. It was as if someone poured a bucket of perfectly tempered water over me for several minutes. From that moment on, I have loved my son more than I can put into words.

The older he gets, the closer I get to the time when he will leave us to build a life of his own. Many of our closest are already or have even passed this. My brain wants him to become independent and a driven person with goals in life while my heart wants him to depend on me for the rest of my life.

Heaven and hell at the same time, just like golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...