2.03.2023

I have to keep my cool until Tuesday

Normally, all dividends would have been credited to our endowment insurances as of today's date.

Although Nordea communicates that they have had problems with trading North American shares, I assume that they have been exposed to cyber attacks just like all other large banks and companies in Sweden recently.

The "problem" likely affected the dividends as we are still missing all of our dividends for OFS Credit Company, Inc. Common Stock (OCCI) which is a significant portion of our total January dividends.

I have determined that +-5% from my calculated forecast is within my tolerance. That may seem high, but I have several factors, both fixed and variable, that affect my results each month. These factors are brokerage, exchange fees, exchange rate differences and foreign withholding tax of 15%. We get this foreign tax money back anywhere between 6 weeks and 14 months, depending on which bank we have the holdings with.

We have already received almost 14% of February's dividends already. On Monday, according to Nordea, we will receive our dividends regarding OCCI, so I won't get January's results ready until Tuesday next week.

Our payouts to date can be seen in the chart below.


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...