9.01.2024

Being sick was NOT in my schedule

Out of nowhere I came down with a terrible cold. From one hour to the next I had a cold which forced me to bed. I went to bed Thursday afternoon and didn't get up until today. Apart from a bit of a sore throat and slight nasal congestion, I am recovered. Most of the day has been spent catching up on work.

Tonight the grandparents are coming over to celebrate the world's most perfect teenager's 17th birthday. Every year I special order a cake that reflects what is happening in Junior's life for the moment. This year we chose to shape the cake into a maths book considering all the maths tasks he did during his summer break. The only thing the offspring wants for his birthday is new controllers for his VR and stocks, I know he won't be disappointed.

Junior's interest in stocks continues to grow, for example, he and six of his peers has signed up for the Wharton Global High School Investment Competition, which is a free, experiential investment challenge for high school students (9th through 12th grade) and teachers. Since the offspring was the driving force, the others chose him as team captain.

Cake of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...