9.13.2024

O M G

Today I registered the world's most perfect teenager with the College Board to take a SAT test. The first and so far only time he took the test he was in grade 9 and we had no problem getting a place. Last year I was too late to register the offspring which meant that he did not get a spot. This year I thought I was early but apparently not, the first three test days were already fully booked so Junior got a spot in March next year.

It took me and the offspring close to 45 minutes to update his information from 2022, when we were finally done and had selected the date a popup window appeared informing us that we now had 20 minutes to complete the application including a photo, if we weren't done within the 20 minutes they would release Junior's spot.

Normally I work very well under stress but we encountered problems with the photo. Try getting a 17-year-old to approve a picture of himself for a test he's not jumping up and down with joy to take. Finally he was able to approve a photo by a margin of 2 minutes. Now I have to overcome the next hurdle, get him to study for the test...

I'm too old for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...