9.03.2024

My fastest closing

I have never been able to close the month as soon as this time. Due to the fact that the Swedish krona has strengthened against the US dollar recently, our dividends are lower today compared to before the summer.

In my spreadsheet I have entered a fixed exchange rate that is slightly lower than today's exchange rate. The reason for this is to avoid having to make constant changes to the spreadsheet due to the exchange rate even though it is the single largest factor affecting the value of the portfolio. The primary goal of the spreadsheet is to see how the dividend changes in the event of acquisitions or sales.

The consequence of my fixed exchange rate is that the outcome always beats the forecast as long as I have the tolerance for the exchange rate difference on "my side". It bothers me that Q3 will present worse than Q1. The reason for this is that we received unimaginably many and large extra dividends in March 2024.

By the end of this month I will have a bar chart for Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 to visualize how each quarter is progressing. I also intend to compile a chart exclusively for the extra and supplemental dividends we have received so far, stated per month.

Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...