9.21.2024

Why Google, why?

Soon it will not be possible to use Google anymore. From being the world's most superior search engine, it has steadily deteriorated. For a while I was getting better hits using the same approach as when I was using Altavista ie keywords+keywords+keywords and so on. But, even that trick doesn't seem to work anymore.

For example, this morning I searched for plastic bowl and Google only showed me glass bowls. I get the feeling that Google is "rewarding" its advertisers without naming the search results as ads, regardless, it's incredibly annoying not to get the right hits.

If this continues, I hope someone else challenges Google and creates a search engine that IS a search engine, I'm even willing to pay for that service if I get rid of all the "suggestions" unrelated to my demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...