9.20.2024

I really scre*** up

Today I received a text from the world's most perfect teenager during school hours. Knowing that he would find out his test score from the math test he took on Monday, I was excited. Since this is the first year and first exam of the Diploma Programme, I do not have 100% control over how they grade the exams.

When the texts came from Junior it said quotes "45 out of 46" "one point from a 5th" "😔" unquotes. I, being a bit overexcited, perceived it as he had got 45 correct answers out of a possible 46, which was COMPLETELY wrong. But, before I got the text clarified, I had time to call both my parents and in-laws and brag about the offspring's amazing performance.

When Junior got home he explained that he had scored 45 points out of a total of 62 points which meant a grade of 4 out of 7 on the test. His improvement from year 10 when he was closer to a 3rd and is now 1 point from a 5th is good after all. But I made Junior promise me quote "don't tell your grandparents, you have to get a 7 on the next test instead" unquote.

Another impossible task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...