9.15.2024

Never look down on the education of a suburban soccer mom with 3 kids

Never underestimate a parent's level of education, usually the person has attended primary school at least 3 times, once by themselves and then together with their children. I myself have a Swedish primary school education which, like all schools in Sweden at the time, was run by the municipality in the traditional way with teachers and lecterns at the front of the classroom. In addition to my primary and secondary education, I also have 4 years at an independent school and then 5 years at an IB school together with my son.

Last year, when the world's most perfect teenager was in the preparatory year for the Diploma Programme, grade 10, was the first school year I couldn't help him with his homework. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job. Instead of him actually showing me that he had done his homework, I took his word for it. I learned the hard way that sooner or later almost all teenagers begin to apply the law of least resistance and splice with the truth.

Starting this year, Junior has to show me exactly what he's done. If it's that Junior has matured a bit in the last few months or he's aware that he has to show his work, I feel like he's more willing to study now. Or it's a combination of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...