9.15.2024

It's a lot of work and quite tiring

When I was in grade 5, we read about superstition and how widespread it was in old Sweden. I wish school hadn't taught this because since then I've never walked under a ladder, spat 3 times over my shoulder if I saw a black cat cross the street, tapped myself on the shoulder 3 times if I accidentally stepped on a well cover with the letter A and so on. But most of all, I don't "jinx" things and ALWAYS have a plan B and even a plan C if something goes south.

This behavior is because I find it difficult to enjoy things because I'm afraid they will be taken away from me. I wish I could cut myself some 'slack' and enjoy myself more. I am well aware of my shortcomings and do everything I can not to transfer them to the world's most perfect teenager. My husband is indescribably amazing who has stood by my side for almost 30 years despite all my flaws. F***, I hope I didn't jinx it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...