8.27.2024

Extremely proud mom

Today, the world's most perfect teenager received an email from Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language, or DELE. He passed his exam and even though he chose to take the exam at the lowest level, DELE level A1, I am incredibly proud of him. This is Junior's first but hopefully not last Diploma (certificate).

Junior maintained his Spanish throughout grade 10 on his own with 2 hours of self-study per week in the school library with the support of his former Spanish teacher. Neither I nor the world's most perfect husband could help him because neither of us can really speak Spanish.

I studied Spanish in high school but I barely know any Spanish at all because the teacher and I didn't get along. He was a communist and came to classes barefoot in the summers. In retrospect, I wish that instead of skipping the Spanish lessons, I had asked to change teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...