8.04.2024

Ignorance costs

OFS Credit Company, Inc. Common Stock (OCCI) has announced that it is increasing its dividend by 9.5 percent to $0.115 per share. The holding of (OCCI) in our joint portfolio amounts to 3.5 percent. In my pension insurances, the holding in (OOCI) is significantly more dominant in relation to the total value, which means that this increase will be significantly more noticeable in these.

I worked for a couple of years in my youth at a company that paid into traditional pension insurance for me. Because I worked there for a short period of time, I only qualified for a smaller amount, $1,200. I have been neglecting this retirement saving and until today have never logged in to see any potential progress. I was very surprised to see that the value had increased to $7,205.

Tomorrow I will contact the manager and request a login code that will allow me to switch funds if I so wish. There is still more than 10 years to go before the first payout is due so I still have the chance to take control of this money. If I had committed to this savings and made sure to have a return of 10% per year, today's value would have been $18,355 instead.

No one cares about your money as much as you do. - Liza Dewlar

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...