8.27.2024

My husband - the hoarder

My dad is a hoarder of large proportions. When my parents sold my childhood home after living there for almost 40 years, my mom ordered a large garbage container. At the same time as my mom was throwing things away, my dad was going around the container and picking things back up. Finally, mom had enough and explained to dad that if he wanted to continue, he would have to handle the move all by himself. Dad ended up giving in and the garbage container was filled to the brim.

The world's most perfect husband has always bullied his father-in-law for his hoarder tendencies. Last weekend I decided to clean out our closets. Mine and Junior's were no problem. Anything that was torn or outgrown was thrown away. But when I started my husband's closet, I hit a brick wall.

Somewhat diplomatically, you can say that my husband has built a bit of "mass" in recent years. This means that most of his clothes these days look slim fit rather than than the classic fit that they actually are. Since my husband would rather die than wear these clothes, I wanted to throw them away. However, that was out of the question.

My husband lives in an illusion that he will lose weight. He tried to camouflage his illusion with the excuse that Junior will want these clothes in the future. I know hell will freeze over before the offspring can even think of wearing these old outdated and even sometimes torn clothes.

I married a version of my dad, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...